Sunday 9 June 2013

The year of 'getting stuff done'

I have excitedly designed a logo which will be made into a makers mark!

I have been playing around with ideas for a while and found a few shapes reoccurring over time. Not wanting to use my initials a simple uncluttered design was my goal.
I liked the equilateral triangle for a few reasons:
I grew up on the West coast of the South Island - New Zealand. Having a triangle to represent the mountains seemed a natural simplification. I did try a few ways of adding the sea to this but wasn't happy with the results. I had also read that triangles represent Past, Present and Future. I truly believe that you eventually end up where you are ment to be (sometimes it may take a while to get there though!) so it seemed fitting.
The quartz crystal in the centre pays homage to my love of gems that led me to jewellery making.

The logo below I made on Paint and needs tidying up before it can be made into a stamp but I will leave that to the professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment