Thursday 13 June 2013

Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd is by far one of my favourite jewellers and his pieces never fail to draw your eye in.
I especially love his use of lesser know gems and they way he brings them together creating little works of art.





This is a quote I have come across on countless websites so I dont think it will break any rules to copy and paste it here:

Michael talks about his work:
"My jewelry is a compilation of standard materials and processes aimed at a progressive and innovative use of unusual, rare, and traditional materials. In the collecting and choosing of stones, I am a colorist, and while cutting the stones, I define the form and structure. Using stone as a medium my goal is to blend and integrate these materials with the metal."

Michael runs workshops and writes tutorial articles so even those of us living on the other side of the world can learn from this skilled artisan.
I hope one day to see one of his creations in person (or even to own a piece if I am lucky!) to fully appreciate its construction and check it out from all angles - Photos never do justice to pieces of jewellery so imagine how cool these would be in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment