Sunday 20 April 2014

Where has the time gone?

I cant believe we are well into 2014 and sadly I haven't achieved much jewellery or gem wise.
I have been getting into photography more learning how to use my newish camera, a Pentax K30, and have started to use a Flickr account I opened ages ago. Flickr by the way REALLY sucks you in! So many talent people out there which has really inspired me.

I spent a week at home visiting my Mum in New Zealand which was fantastic. We went on many bush walks and beaches and just relaxed in general.
This year I have decided to 'Do More Stuff' so have been making an effort to do the things that I have been meaning to do for ages but usually get left by the way side.

Also exciting news is that I entered a jade carving competition! At the moment there are currently 31 people registered from all over the world. There are two categories Jewellery or Sculpture and I have selected the piece I am going to carve and working on the details before I begin. There are people that have been carving longer than I have been alive so dont expect to win (haha) but think it will be a great learning experience and a bit of fun. There is a popular choice component where all the entries are anonymously posted on the site and people can vote..... I will be happy if I just get one vote so cross your fingers for me!

If you are interested to check out my photos here is the link to my Flickr account.

Info on the World Jade Symposium can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment